Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dishes, etc.

We've been having some... sanitation issues in our flat. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday cleaners come to make our kitchen sparkle. But, if people have left too much stuff out, they won't clean. If this happens for a week or more running... which it has... they're liable to fine us. I am officially the kitchen coordinator, which means I am the one who has had to start yelling at people to pick up their crap. It's not hard. And really... it's just the boys that are unwilling. The girls clean their stuff up right after we use it.

Yesterday, to great whining, I instated a new law: clean up your stuff, or I will move it to right outside your door.

My newly appointed vice kitchen coordinator, Anjlee, the Dick Cheney to my W, assisted me in this task and I am happy to say... we have a clean kitchen today! Although I did get a pile of a pizza pan and frying pan in front of my door from someone who was unhappy I mistook these dishes for theirs. But really, when it's between two or three people, what could we do other than split it evenly and hope we got it right?

I should go into politics. Screw literature. When has literature cleaned a kitchen?

This song has been my mantra lately, and today I found the music video... starring Jason Schwartzman and Marc Wahlberg. It's funnier if you've seen I Heart Huckabees (which everyone should).



Lyrics:


It’s something unattainable
That you can’t live without

And now the unexplainable
Has you riddled with doubt

Things begin, things decay

And you’ve gotta find a way
To be okay
But it you want to spend the day
Wondering what it’s all about
Go and knock yourself out

Why we're put in this mess
Is anybody’s guess
It might be a test or it might not be anything
You need to worry about
But if you’re still in doubt
Go and knock yourself out

1 comment: