Monday, October 5, 2009

And everyone young going down the long slide to happiness

It's 9:45 am. I do not want to be awake right now. Unfortunately, my body doesn't really care what I want after the way I treated it yesterday.


Hey Wisconsin, I thought you were the drinking capital of the world.... not Coventry, England.

This past weekend, all my other flatmates moved in... and they are wonderful. We're still waiting on one person, but so far we have four English people, one Romanian, one Bulgarian, and one Californian =)

Oh... the title to this blog is a line from a Philip Larkin poem called "High Windows".... he's from Coventry, which is great... maybe I've stood in some of the same places he's stood.

Today is the day for inductions. The English department is inducting me, and throwing a party tonight. English party? How does that work? Maybe some poetry recitations...

My room has been decorated. Still accumulating little things though. I've got a Hokusai poster (the famous wave one), two pretty French posters, a To Kill a Mockingbird poster (which keeps falling down), and my favorite is my Ministry of Silly Walks poster which makes me smile every time I look at it.

The accents are still amazing... and I giggle whenever they say "jumper."

No comments:

Post a Comment