Monday, September 21, 2009

Swollen Feet and Jet-Lag in London Town

Well, today I went on an airplane. Actually, I think that might be considered yesterday.

My dad and I touched down at about 10am and began immigrating. After passing through everything smoothly, we took the tube to our hotel. We checked in and tried to keep ourselves up and busy by walking for hours in the streets of London.  I decided that it would be a good idea to break in a new pair of boots on our walk (hence the title). New discovery: I really like the sound of my boots going 'clip-clop' on the pavement. Maybe I just like having my feet on the ground again after nine and a half hours of being in a metal tube 40,000 feet in the air.

I was feeling really good for a while and was thinking, "I'll go back tonight and write something in my first blog about how I am the master of jet-lag, a traveling champion, etc." At about 3 pm I started to feel like walking death.  So, I walked it out like my middle school gym teacher would have wanted me to do, and I'm happy to say that it's about 7pm and I feel hungry and only a little bit drowsy.

Indian food for dinner.

It's all worth it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment