Monday, March 29, 2010

I would like to work the word "odious" into my vocabulary...

Here I am in London Town, more specifically, in Golders Green, the super Jewish part of the city. I arrived Thursday and my friends immediately took me to a shwarma place, followed by a bakery where I got rugelach (I love friends who feed me). Everything was delicious and reminded me of the *ahem* good ol' days back at Tehiyah. I'm staying with my friend, Abi, and hanging out with a lot of my friends from Warwick... lots of them live in or around London.

I saw Liz for little while on Saturday... We went to Platform 9 3/4, to the Tate Museum (not my favorite museum here, as it turns out), and to St. Paul's to feed the birds. She has good Granada stories... I wanna go there. It sounds warm and sunny... I wonder what that's like...

My friends had a little get together the other night... made some bolognese, drank some wine, went to Tesco to grab some dessert. It was really nice... I like London. Maybe I'll go to grad school here? King's College has a Shakespeare Studies MA... you take classes at the Globe and the program's students get the stage all to themselves on Wednesday nights. What a life that would be.

Now I'm hanging out at Abi's house. Watching some Pride and Prejudice. Swooning over Colin Firth. Eating some kosher for Passover chocolate. Snuggling on a comfy couch.

I spoke to Bethy and Eyal on Skype the other day, who made me realize that while I haven't picked up the accent, I have picked up the intonations. I can hear it, I just can't control it! It'll go away once I get back to California and people make fun of me...

Silby out.

No comments:

Post a Comment