Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sort your life out...

That's one of my favorite sayings here.... and it's also what I need to do.

For the past two weeks, I felt like my life was spinning wildly out of control, but in a good way. The Taming of the Shrew performances were on Friday and Saturday and I had 8500 words due in for Monday... so for the past two weeks, when I wasn't in rehearsals, I was researching and writing. I haven't been getting much sleep, my room looks like a tornado hit it, I have no food left, and I think I'm getting a cold. But it was all worth it. The performances went so well (lots of people told me afterward that it was their favorite thing they'd seen this year), and I handed in my essays yesterday, on time and with more than enough words. Now I can relax and write my blog again.

I have a lot of great things planned for the next month, so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to Stratford with friends to walk around and then see King Lear, followed by a sleepover. Next weekend I'm staying with a friend in London and doing Passover dinner with her and her family and seeing some musicals. Also, that weekend Liz will be in London so I'll get to see her and we can explore London together! I haven't seen her in what seems like years. Then, my friend Meagan and I are going to roam around England... maybe do some Lake District, some Cotswolds, some Brighton, we don't really know yet. AND THEN (drum roll please) Leah and I are going to Amsterdam in April!

More fantastic events coming up in my life:

I think I can travel around during third term as well, when I'm not taking tests, writing essays or "revising" (which basically means studying). During third term, there's this festival called Warwick Student Art Festival, where students can show some art, dance, and of course, put on plays. I'm already signed up to dramaturg The Canterbury Tales and The Servant of Two Masters, which I saw in Ashland last summer. There's also going to be a Shakespeare Week in third term. For that, I've been dramaturging Julius Caesar and I'm teaming with my friend to direct a sonnet and a scene.

So, yeah. That's my unsorted life. Today I'm going to return my library books, go shopping for food, clean my room, and maybe do some laundry.

We've been quoting Extras a lot lately and I thought I'd share it with whoever is reading this. Extras is possibly one of the most painfully hilarious shows ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment