Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm all alone, there's no one here besiiiiiiide meeeee

All my problems, they are gone
There's no one to deriiiiiiide meeeeeee

All my freshies have gone back home and I am left in this sad dorm all by myself. I leave for London tomorrow and then Jeff and I leave for Morocco (YESSSSS) on Tuesday.

So, I'm doing some laundry, watching some Much Ado (oh Keanu Reeves, what made you think you could act?), drinking some tea, dunking some biscuits.

Last night I watched the first part of the X Factor finale, and I'm glad to say my favorite contestant, Olly, got through! So now it's between him and my flat mate's pick. Ultimate showdown.

All's Well was fantastic. I'm excited to get involved with more Shakespeare stuff next term, which I definitely will (Taming of the Shrew, anyone?) It was interesting how lots of parts we laughed at during rehearsal were met with silence during the performances. But the audience did laugh at really random parts --- like when Helena comes on stage preggo at the end of the play. People laughed both nights at that. BAHAHA she's been knocked up! It was a pretty big baby bump...

The other night at a club in Coventry, they played "All I Want for Christmas Is You" and proceeded to drop foam from the ceiling. It was nice, but (I'm going to regret saying this) I miss real snow -- But not when it accumulates and makes it impossible to walk, and then it rains and turns the top layer into ice so I slip and fall and give myself whiplash.  Just when it's snowflakes and they fall on your pea coat and you can look at all the different shapes while you're waiting for your bus and trying to avoid talking to the crazy man who always happens to take the bus at the same time as you.

So... I think I should probably start packing for Morocco. Let's see... what should I bring? Flipflops, sunglasses, hat, shorts, raincoat, bathing suit, sunscreen -- Funny how I haven't touched any of these things since I came to England. In fact, they're all stuffed in the back of my wardrobe.

And what songs should I listen to whilst packing? I'm thinking "Under African Skies," "Roam Around the World," "On the Road to Find Out," "See the World," "She's Got Her Ticket,""Send Me on My Way," maybe a little "Like a Rolling Stone," and just for you, Bearz, how about some "Strangers Like Me." There's my playlist!

"Is it not strange that sheep's guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

1 comment:

  1. i'll bring you some madison snowflakes and love soon bannannah. it was a gorgeous snow day last week but it has quickly become that dirty messy slush that just gets in your way and gets your pants wet. i hope you have an amazing time in morocco with jeff and to hear all about it when you get back. take it easy chica and props on the solid packing playlist. xo -L

    ReplyDelete