Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pimm's and Shakespeare...

I haven't written on this for a while for two reasons: One, because I've been stressed with Shakespeare related events and a 5,000 word essay. Two, because I have gained a new audience... some of my WONDERFUL FRIENDS here happened to find this blog and think it's really funny to quote it back to me in what they think is my accent. I've tried to write a new post in the past few days, but I always end up just hearing the words I type spoken in the horrible American accents they do. Yes, horrible... especially you Lawrence, Clare, Alon, and Josh. (There. Now you've been mentioned in my blog.)


Now that Julius Caesar is over and my paper has been handed in (Shit, I can hear their accents now....), I feel like I can breathe again. I don't have much to report though, but I do have some videos to share from Sonnets and Scenes, if you check my photos. I'm uploading them right now. My friend Clare and I (mentioned twice, Clare!) directed three scenes from A Midsummer Night's Dream, and they're pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, two of the scenes are ridiculously long, so I could only record a part of them. I also recorded some of my favorites from the day, including Yas doing a mix of Ophelia and Hamlet speeches, James performing two sonnets, and Josh doing the opening to Richard III. Unfortunately, I didn't get to record everything I liked (Much Ado, I love you), mainly because I had my first Pimm's (delicious English sangria) and wasn't exactly on top form.

I'm also uploading my pictures from Amsterdam, since I completely forgot to do that.

Off to the lyyybreee to do some research.

3 comments:

  1. I have actually never been happier. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two mentions and a nod to me taking your Pimms virginity. Impressive entry Silby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your back. Whatever voices you hear while writing, know that it's your voice I hear in my head while I read your posts. Miss you!
    Love,
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete